The reason why THRIVE exists: to serve our community. We believe that when birth is better, women and babies are better. And when women and babies are better, communities are better. We want to do our part to make sure that the Delmarva community can not just survive, but THRIVE! We're here to share what we've been up to in the past year since we launched our business and to share what we're planning next year!
In the last 365 days:
- We've published 48 blogs!
- We've served 32 families in the Delmarva community.
- We've attended births or had placenta clients birth at: Peninsula Regional Medical Center, UMD Shore Regional Health at Easton, Special Beginnings Birth & Women's Center, Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Beebe Healthcare, Anne Arundel Medical Center, and Christiana Hospital, and homebirth with the midwives of Kindred Hearts Community Midwifery and Womanwise Midwifery.
- We hosted the Delmarva Diaper Drive and donated over 1400 diapers to HALO in Salisbury for babies whose families are in need.
- We sponsored a full tuition scholarship for a deserving local aspiring doula to attend The Bluebird Doula Seminar!
- We co-hosted the First Annual Salisbury Mom & Baby Expo in May.
- We led a La Leche League meeting where we discussed the topic of Sex and Breastfeeding with local nursing moms.
- We taught 4 sessions of Thrive Childbirth Education to groups of expecting families and taught the in-home private version 4 times as well.
- We launched How to Have a Natural Birth, a one-day workshop designed to give families all they need to plan, prepare for, and enjoy their natural birth.
- Owner Maria Mengel was interviewed on two major birth podcasts: here and here.
- Our placenta encapsulation and cord keepsake work was featured on The Doctors, Buzzfeed, The Daily Mail.
- We recorded a DelmarvaLife segment all about placenta encapsulation and doula work that was featured on WBOC in March 2017.
All in all, it was a very busy first year of business! Get ready, because we've got grand plans for Year Two. The Second Annual Salisbury Mom & Baby Expo is in the works for next Spring and it's going to be bigger and better! The Delmarva Diaper Drive is expanding this Fall because we're committed to serving not just the families who have the means to purchase birth services, but everyone that makes Delmarva what it is. And tomorrow, (because we can't just stop there) we're announcing a new service and a new team member!