The first 37 weeks have flown by! Or have they? You're now 9 months pregnant and you're patiently (or not so patiently) awaiting the arrival of your baby. Or, if you're somewhere else in your pregnancy, file this away for when it's your turn. Take advantage of this time! It may be your last opportunity to do something for yourself for a while. Soon enough, you'll have your sweet, squishy newborn in your arms. In the meantime, here are 10 great things to do on the Eastern Shore when you're 9 months pregnant.
- Go to the beach! Soak up some Vitamin D and relax while listening to the ocean. There's no shortage of beaches on Delmarva. Rehobeth, Lewes, Bethany, Ocean City, Deal Island, Assateague, and many more. Best of all? It's FREE.
- Get a last minute prenatal massage. Melody Saylor, BA, offers a relaxing, healing prenatal massage at an amazing price in Salisbury, MD. Your body will feel refreshed, energized, and completely tension free for your upcoming labor and birth.
- Enjoy a great, affordable lunch from The Shark on the Harbor in West Ocean City. They specialize in delicious, local, fresh, and healthy ingredients and preparations.
- If you need a new hair cut, style, or nail treatment, check out Enza's: An Organic Salon. It may be your last chance for a while to do something for yourself. Best of all? They do amazing work with no yucky fumes and toxic sprays.
- There are so many places to shop for your new little one on the Eastern Shore. Check out Barefoot Baby Boutique in Salisbury for fabulous baby clothes and accessories. Or if you're looking for baby carriers or cloth diapers, we're so lucky to have Sling With Me in Milford, DE.
- If you're planning on breastfeeding, attend a local La Leche League meeting or breastfeeding support group meeting. You'll get to learn about your upcoming feeding journey and you'll get a chance to meet and connect with other pregnant and nursing mamas.
- Join the Facebook group Pregnant on the Eastern Shore and make some more connections. Ask if there are other pregnant moms with similar due dates. Maybe you could all get lunch together sometime and discuss your pregnancies and upcoming new motherhood.
- Go get an adjustment in the end weeks of your pregnancy! Your body will be in the optimal alignment for perfect positioning for baby and a better chance for a smooth and complication-free delivery. Dr. Kristen Iman is the local prenatal chiropractic guru!
- If you haven't had maternity photos purchased yet, call Bluebug Photography! They do amazing work with our local community.
- Go to a Paint Night! Have a girls night out, enjoy each other's company, and paint something special for your baby's nursery.
But most of all, enjoy your last few hours, days, or weeks with your baby on the inside.